Select Menu

Ads

FEATURED POSTS

Movies

TV Shows

VIDEOS

Music

Social Media

Events

Other

» » » » » » » » » » Guide to watching Marvel Films

Trying to figure out the continuity of all the Marvel movies and in which order to watch them can be a daunting task. Especially because different studios own rights to different characters, making it hard to have overall continuity across all the films. When I first started watching the Marvel movies, I was pretty confused by this and didn't know where to start. After some research and watching all of the films, I think I have a pretty good grasp on the order and the different Marvel film groups.  I wanted to create a post to help those of you that are new to the fandom navigate the muddy waters! Hopefully this helps! **

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE (Marvel Studios) 
Films listed under this universe were produced by Marvel Studios. Some of them were produced with other production companies before Disney bought Marvel Studios. For example, Iron Man was distributed by Paramount.  Movies under this category get lumped into the MCU aka Marvel Cinematic Universe. Today, the films are produced by Disney with the exception of the upcoming Spiderman reboot which is a join venture between Sony, Marvel Studios, and Disney. 


Captain America: The First Avenger (Paramount)
Iron Man (Paramount)
Iron Man 2 (Paramount)
Thor (Paramount)
The Avengers (Disney)
Iron Man 3 (Disney)
Thor: The Dark World (Disney)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Disney)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Disney)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (Disney)
Ant Man (Disney)
Captain America: Civil War (Disney)
Doctor Strange (Disney)
Spiderman: Homecoming (Disney/Sony)



X-MEN UNIVERSE (20th Century Fox/Marvel Entertainment)
Films produced under this category are co-produced by Marvel Entertainment (predecessor to Marvel Studios) and Twentieth Century Fox. Interesting enough Marvel Entertainment is now owned by Disney, but a separate subsidiary from Marvel Studios (see how this becomes confusing?).


X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
The Wolverine
X-Men: Days of Future Past (resets X-Men history)
X-Men - Apocalypse
Deadpool


Other Marvel Films by 20th Century: Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, & Fantastic Four reboot

Spider-man Universe (Sony/Columbia/Marvel Entertainment) 
Films made under this category were also produced by Marvel Entertainment, but through Columbia Pictures a branch of Sony Motion Picture group. These Marvel films encompass the earlier Spider-Man movies before the upcoming reboot film. The first Spider-Man films starred Tobey Maguire as the boy wonder, and the second reboot stars Andrew Garfield.


Spider-Man - Tobey Maguire
Spider-Man 2 - Tobey Maguire
Spider-Man 3 - Tobey Maguire
The Amazing Spider-Man - Andrew Garfield
The Amazing Spider-Man 2- Andrew Garfield


** This post does not take into account any of the Marvel TV shows.

About Shalanda Turner

Shalanda is an Engineer by Day, Fashionista by Night and Fangirl 24/7! She created this blog to share her love of all things nerdy. For Shalanda's fashion blog please visit Live Life in Style
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

11 comments

  1. I'm totally with you on the order of these. We own the box set of all of the X-Men movies but it doesn't include Days of Future Past and Apocalypse. We might need to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I have a huge XMen fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could seriously help me…because I am not afraid to admit I know nothing when it comes to Marvel movies!!! Thanks for the helpful guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this certainly cleared any confusion I had up with this. Although, I really don't have this many movies, at least now I know what order they should be in, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for clarifying this. The boy is a fan of this stuff, so if I need to come here and reference anything, I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Marvel Movie Chart order is super helpful. I'm currently at needing to see Ant Man and then go down from there. Very excited about your new blog launch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously should watch some of these movies. I'll admit I haven't really watched any of these.
    I know...it's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fan of anything with Hugh Jackman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's pretty awesome how you put these in order I would have been all over the place. My whole family loves Marvel movies I will definitely be using this as a reference. FYI it appears I have seen every single one of these movies with the exception of Dr. Strange. Can't wait to show this post to my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shasie I love, love this new blog of yours!!
    (and yes, Alli - Hugh Jackman.lol)
    xJo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I love that you've created a place to let fan girl out! This post was awesome because I had no idea what order to watch all of these in and now I kind of want to have a marvel watch party!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by! Let me know what you think of my photos! Don't forget to check out my fashion blog Live Life in Style